Thursday, May 16, 2013

Official Post 3: The Cute Cotswolds

Hey everybody!  Again I have to apologize for posting late!  It seems that whenever I need to post the Internet goes wacky at the hostel but here it is!
Today we left Stratford-Upon-Avon and headed to Stow-on-the-Wold.  Stow-on-the-Wold is in t he Cotswolds and is very beautiful!  It seems that I get to blog on the days where we visit the most beautiful scenic places.   After our traveling we did a bit of exploring through Stow-on-the-Wold then we took a bus to do more exploring!  After we got off the bus we got to walk along the countryside and we got to pet some horses after Grace was able to coax them over.  Half way through the walk we ended up along side a shallow, clear stream that led us to a small village, Lower Slaughter, where we found a cute old mill that had ice cream.  After Lower Slaughter, we walked back along the trail and to another cute village, Bourton-on-the-Water.  This village was a little bigger and had more shops to explore.  There was another clear shallow stream that ran through Brouton except this one was full of all kinds of water fowl, there were also lots of mallard, which was kinda neat to see since I thought they were an American duck.  Anyway, aside for the ducks, we looked through a lot of the shops and picked up some souvenirs.   Tate and I also picked up some bon bons which have discovered to be the most delicious candy I the world hands down.  They're these chewy yummy candy balls that come in all kinds of flavors.  My personal favorite is blueberry.  Tate must have noticed me looking at some tea pots in one of the shops because he ended up buying me a really sweet sheep tea set! I'm going to send it home soon though so that it won't get broken.
When we returned to Stow the hostel made us dinner of fish chips.  
Another thing that I'd like to point out is my excitement for tomorrow!  Tate, Adam and I are going to go see an Arsenal game tomorrow.  I cannot wait to get to see Arsenal best Wigan from the SECOND ROW!  Lets go gunners!

No comments:

Post a Comment